Oceanic Tours is collecting personal information on this form, including names, contact details and medical information for the purpose of administering the Oceanic Tours Holiday Trip Program, to verify information provided and to contact applicants, parents and school staff (for example, to request further information). The information on this form will be made available to Glen Hogan (Oceanic Tours Owner and Supervisor of Trips) This information will be given to supervising staff accompanying the holiday trip program. Some of the information you provide will be disclosed to insurance organisations, tour operators, airlines, travel companies, accommodation providers and other external parties involved in providing services to the group as part of the program. Relevant information will be given to medical professionals in the event that you require medical attention while on an Oceanic Tours trip. The information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent unless the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- A detailed itinerary is accessible via the Oceanic Tours website
- An itinerary will be sent to you once the application form, EQI travel documents and 20% deposit has been received and processed by Oceanic Tours
- Oceanic Tours will contact you 7-10 days prior to the trip to confirm departure and arrival times
- Tour supervisor details will be emailed to you: Glen Hogan EQ Teacher and addition staff members
- The following cancellation policy applies where the student cancels their place on an Oceanic Tours Holiday Trip:
- 30 days or less: 80% refund of full trip cost
- 13 days or less: no refund
- NOTE: If the student can find another student to replace him/her on the tour a full refund will be given
- If the tour is cancelled by Oceanic Tours or the tour provider, the student will be able to transfer to another tour of equal value or a full refund will be provided.
- All transactions will be handled securely by NAB (National Australia Bank)
- All prices are AUD
- Credit details will be protected through NAB security
- abide by Oceanic Tours travel programs and procedures.
- comply with all reasonable requests by the organisers for any additional information or documentation (including but not limited to arranging and booking transport, tours and accommodation)
- participate in all pre-tour program briefings
- On the tour I agree to:
- my parents being given information about me, including (but not limited to) my behaviour on the tour and any health or wellbeing issues or concerns;
- the tour supervisors immediately dealing with any breach of these Tour rules by imposing appropriate consequences, including notifying my parents. In serious cases, my school will also be notified (with additional consequences imposed by the school under the school’s Behaviour management plan) and I may be sent back to my homestay (under supervision) or an emergency placement, if my homestay is not available at my own/my parents’ expense
- follow all lawful and reasonable directions of the tour supervisors;
- be punctual
- be courteous to and respectful of tour supervisors, other participants, tour guides, transport and accommodation providers and all other persons involved in the tour
- be considerate of the general public at all times and respect local customs and values
- obey all laws of Australia and take responsibility for my behaviour
- behave in a manner which upholds and promotes the highest standards of integrity and dignity
- only depart from the tour supervisors if I am in group of three of more and prior permission is obtained
- take reasonable care to protect my own safety and the safety of the others on the Oceanic Tours Travel Program at all times
- be responsible for the safe keeping of my personal possessions and travel documentation while on the tour. Lost property must be reported at the first available opportunity to the tour supervisor
- not have sexual contact, smoke, consume alcohol or take non-prescription drugs at any stage during the Oceanic Tours Travel Program
- attend and participate in the planned activities throughout the tour unless I have the expressed permission of one of the tour supervisors not to do so. Reasons not to participate in the planned activities may include, but are not limited to, injury and illness (after consultation with the tour supervisors)
- show respect for the property, facilities and staff (including bus, tour company, accommodation sites, tourist sites, aeroplanes)
- do not damage, vandalise (including graffiti or putting initials on any object) or remove any artefacts from tourist sites even if they appear insignificant or worthless
- obey all conditions of entry at the various tourist sites visited while on tour
- be responsible for bringing my own spending money and covering the cost of personal expenses (including meals that are not included in the itinerary)
Digital devices I agree:
that taking digital devices on the trip is at my own risk and I am responsible for insuring for loss/theft;
- to follow instructions, related to the use of digital devices, given by people of authority
- email or text family members at an appropriate time and refrain from emailing or texting during meal times /attraction visits
- to be responsible for global roaming, Wi-Fi, or data charges
- to use digital devices in an appropriate manner that does not disrespect other members of the group or the broader community
- seek permission before taking close up photos of any individuals or small groups.
Transport I agree to:
- seek permission from a tour supervisor before leaving the group
- be responsible for my own luggage and not leave bags unattended unless specifically directed by the tour supervisor/s
- wear seatbelts, life jackets and safety helmets when/if provided
- remain on the bus I am allocated to and notify the tour supervisor at the first available opportunity if any student/s are missing from the group.
Accommodation I agree to:
- not venture outside the precincts of the accommodation unless as part of the official tour or with the permission of tour supervisors
- socialise in common areas, dress appropriately e.g. no pyjamas or bare feet) of the accommodation site as long as tour supervisors are present
- not enter the rooms of students of the opposite sex at any time
- keep noise and music to a minimum
- not order room service, take items from the mini bar (if staying in a hotel) or use the in-room phones other than to contact the tour supervisors, if required
- not take items from the accommodation such as towels or coat hangers
- not damage or destroy any property in the accommodation belonging to someone else
- not invite any visitors (outside the tour group) to accommodation, unless prior approval has been given by a tour supervisor
- check for any damage to the premises on arrival and notify supervising staff
- attend toilets and shower facilities in pairs where they are located away from sleeping areas; and keep my room tidy.
Meals I agree to:
- be responsible for managing any food allergies at meal times
Health/wellbeing/safety I agree to:
- travel with required medication, such as an Epipen, asthma medication etc.
- being monitored by tour supervisors in the use of medication
- disclose to the tour supervisors any matter which might adversely affect my health, wellbeing or safety at any point during the Oceanic Tours Travel Program. This includes immediately reporting any accidents, illness, security issues or risk to tour supervisors
- look out for the health, wellbeing and safety of fellow students (and in particular room-mate/buddy) and report any concerns immediately to the tour supervisors.
Consequences for breaching tour rules I agree:
- that a breach of these tour rules may result in my participation in the program being cancelled and being returned to my homestay provider or an emergency placement if my homestay provider isn’t available and that my parent/legal custodian and host school will be notified and any additional expenses incurred will be the responsibility of my parent/legal custodian.